12 Quilts in ’12 — February Link Up!
Hello and welcome to the February installment of the 12 Quilts in ’12 Challenge! I’m hosting here on my blog, but Saf and Amy are playing along, too. We hope you will join in!
This month I finished a quilt top that had been sitting in my "What the hell do I do with these?" drawer. It is an old kit from Connecting Threads that I believe was an ambitious Christmas gift attempt years ago. Anywhoo...obviously it was never finished and I decided that it was my challenge. Thanks to Frieda, her pool table, basting spray and wonderous Juki sewing machine (that sucker is fast as greased lightning) I finished it!
This was the big shocker. The tiny green cornerstone pieces bled through the back! I have never had green bleed. Pink, red, maybe. Of course I chose this one not to put the color catcher in the wash. Oh, crap, this means another quilt for us to use at home. It is really big and comfy, though.
OK time to tell me what you have finished for February, and link a picture of it below.
This month’s prize:
- Charm pack of pezzy prints
- Two Shabby Chic blue FQs
|Pezzy Print charm pack and two Shabby Chic FQs|
- Blog about your finished project or post a picture of it to flickr
- Any project you finished this month is eligible, but please link to only one blog post/flickr picture (it’s okay if you blogged about multiple finishes, we love that!)
- Entries for this giveaway will be open until Monday, March 5th at noon
- The dedicated folks who enter all 12 times will be entered to win a grand prize next January!
UPDATE! (119 views, 10 link clicks)InIThe winner is Karamat. I re-ran the winner selector since Amy was not supposed to be elidgible to win. And I will be giving Karamat the pezzy print charm pack and the 2 shabby chic FQs.
Thank you everyone for joining in, and remember you have 10 more chances to win prizes, and a final grand prize for entering every month.
Remember in March Amy will be hosting the challenge. See you there!