Friday, January 21, 2011

My Latest Projects-Branching Out

I am trying out some new crafty type of things.  Ever since I saw a picture of this pincushion caddy on a mosaic, it has been my goal to find a tutorial on making one.  And I found it! at Penny's.  It is awsome and I am in the process of making one.  Here it is in pieces.

And here is my final product.  It is really big and holds alot of stuff.  I love it.
I am making it out of the same material from an Amy Butler layer cake that has been laying around for a long time.  Don't even know what it is called... but I also made up a little zipper pouch to hold hexies with the same fabric.
ps.  The little needle holder hexie with the rabbit was a Christmas gift from Amy at House of Bad Cats.  She is awsome, and I hooked it onto the zipper so I will always have it on the go!
Another project is Spool Bird made out of Amy Butler's Love fabric.  He is going to be part of a set made into a mobile. http://www.flickr.com/groups/spoolbirdies/pool/ They are fast and really fun to make!
Gotta go to bed.  Good night, self.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Please join my Hexie Caddy parade.
    Thank you for being my newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a link to your flickr photo or blog here,